Special Request For A Egg,dairy And Soy Free Cake.any Ideas?

Baking By KimmyKatCakes Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 5:30pm by tigachu

KimmyKatCakes Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a baby smash cake and she has ask "Can the smash cake be egg, dairy and soy free [soy oil and soy lecithin is okay].". Do you know of any boxed cake mixes or scratch cakes that fit this? It is for next month, but I wanted to try it to be sure it came out OK. They are doing this way over the top party for the baby with a french theme (yep, think bridesmaids movie) and you got it! LOL

Thanks for your help!

Kimberly

3 replies
mclurelab Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 4

Chocolate Wacky Cake! It is a very moist flavorful cake, that is soooo hard to mess up! Recipe has been around forver.

Ingredients:

3 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
6 Tablespoons Cocoa
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Vinegar
3/4 Cup Salad Oil
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 Cups Water
Directions:

Sift together dry ingredients; then add all other ingredients. Mix well on medium speed for 2 minutes. I use my kitchen aid stand mixer on speed #4. Stop to scrape sides of bowl a couple of times during mixing.

Spray cake pan(s) with a baking spray like Pam for Baking, or you can do it the old fashioned way by greasing and flouring the bottom and sides of your pan.

Pour batter into pan. (Split evenly for 2 layers)
Bake on middle rack in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. I prefer using a convection oven for cakes, but this recipe will turn out in a conventional oven as well. Don't remove the cake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack before removing from pan(s).

For Cupcakes: Fill paper cups 1/2 full and bake for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. This Wacky cake recipe will make about 32 cupcakes.

jason_kraft Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 4

For the frosting you can use Spectrum palm oil shortening as a base, it's available at most Whole Foods locations.

tigachu Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 4

You may be able to find the Spectrum Shortening in the organic section of Giant's and Safeway, too. I am not sure if you have those by you.

Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%