Help Needed With Cake Design..please!!

Decorating By sanmarco5 Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 8:41pm by CakeItGood

sanmarco5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sanmarco5 Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 9:54am
post #1 of 2

OK, a friend told me her boss needed a cake for an 80th birthday, and lifeboat for next friday, I have been trying to contact him for details for a week, just got hold of him today, to be told the cake is for a joint birthday party, someone who is a lifeboat volunteer, and the other person an interior designer!!
I asked him if he had any ideas, and he said 'a lifeboat with something to do with interior design in the middle of it, but your the expert so I will leave it up to you'!! I havent a clue what to do, and little time to think about it now!!!
Any suggestions really appreciated!!

1 reply
CakeItGood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeItGood Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 2

Hmmm. Well it depends on how large of a cake you are doing, tiers/no tiers, etc.

For a "sheet cake" style, you could always to the sheet in the shape of a boat, will involve some carving to form the shape. You could have a person paddling/steering the boat that has a "volunteer" vest of some sort. That person could be "rowing" a decorator that is holding rolls of fabric, throw pillows, notepad, etc.

Or, make that boat out of fondant/gumpaste, and have it sitting on a sheetcake "lake", so that the figurines can be smaller.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%