Stacking A 5 Tier Cake

Decorating By LisaStephens Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 12:26am by tracycakes

LisaStephens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaStephens Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 3

I want to know what stacking methods most of you use when it comes to a 5 tier cake. I have tried wooden dowels before for a 4 tier cake. And I have used the tea straws for a 3 tier. Both methods have been successful thus far. Have never done a 5 tier, which I have one coming up in January. Want all the suggestions and ideas that I can get. including the use of separator plates vs cardboard discs, etc The cake will be 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, all covered in fondant

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 12:12am
post #2 of 3

SPS of course!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 12:26am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

SPS of course!

Ditto!! I've carried a 6-tier cake, stacked, to a wedding with absolutely no problem. Unless my cakes have separation between the tiers, they all go completely stacked to the wedding or party and I only use SPS. I love being able to come in, set the cake down, put the topper on and out in 15 minutes. Just 2 weeks ago, my husband and I had 2 wedding deliveries at the same time, each 60 miles away in opposite directions. He took the 4-tier cake with gumpaste flowers and headed north. I took the 3-tier that was getting real flowers arranged on site and went south. Without SPS, I would never have trusted that both cakes would make it safely to the venues.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%