It Still Needs Something...

Decorating By Meagan84 Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 1:28am by mplaidgirl2

Meagan84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagan84 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 8

This is the cake I'm doing for the state Fair. This is all I was planning on doing with it, but I think it needs more. The problem is, I don't know what. Does anyone have any ideas? It needs to be something that can be done by Wednesday morning. Or should i just leave it alone? I'm not sure, any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

7 replies
ShandraB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShandraB Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 8

Can you post a link to the picture of the cake?

Torimomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Torimomma Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 8

Is it the grey and yellow one in your gallery? It is a beautifyl cake but since you are asking, I think it needs a topper. No idea what, though! Maybe some calla lillies in gumpaste or something similar.
Let us know what you come up with!

Meagan84 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 10:03pm
post #4 of 8

It is the grey and yellow one in my gallery. (I couldn't figure out how to put the picture here.) I'm thinking a topper too, but wasn't sure what. I like the calla lily thought, they're fast and easy too icon_wink.gif!

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 8

I'd clean up the ribbon around the edge of the presentation board (wash it or replace it).

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 12:17am
post #6 of 8

Very pretty cake. Yes , clean up the edge of your board. and put a pretty ribbon around it. I would make yellow rose(same color as your ruffles) , then white calla lilies, with the yellow spadix dipped in yelliow sugar or yellow cornmeal. Lightly dust the cala lilies from the edges inward with yellow dust(maybe little brighter than the roses. Make some little filler flowers like the ones between the ruffles(or something similiar) . Make a mound of fondant icing , glue to top of cake. Arrange all this on the mound of fondant icing.(make roses of different sizes on tooth picks) and t he cala lilies. Make a mexican hat , then cut the little flowers and put these on a tooth pick also. All this will insert into the mound of fondant. Be sure to make some leaves(different colors of green(just a few) and insert these between the flowers. Sounds like a lot(but really not that hard.You could use wires in the leaves and then cut off . good luck, with whatever you decide.

Meagan84 Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 1:23am
post #7 of 8

Thanks icer101. I am planning on putting on a ribbon, I just didn't want to pu it on until I was sure I was finished with the cake. I like the gumpaste flower topper idea, I think I'm gonna run with that. I have leftover filler flowers I can use and a yellow gumpaste rose ia had Planned on using in the original design. So I think that's what I'm going to do. Thanks for the help everyone!

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 1:28am
post #8 of 8

I think you should color the centers of the flowers... Even if its just a little dot of yellow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%