Cricut Cake Machine

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 20 Oct 2011 , 9:32am by MelissaMay

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 10

Hi to all i havent been on this site in a long time. But i have a question can you still get the cartridges for this machine? and are they worth what you pay? Thanks to all

9 replies
mahoganytrinrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahoganytrinrose Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 10

Hi,

The you can still purchase the cartridges - but it pay to shop around. Walmart has two of the Cricut Cake Cartidges for a really nice price. I also took a little time and got the Martha Stewart Cartridges and all of my additional cartridges from Ebay. I used Proud Parents 2005. They have a really nice site. Also - if you keep an eye out - AC Moore, Michaels, and Joann have been having sales on the Cricut Cartridges.

Hope this helps.

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 10

Do all the cricut cartridges fit in the crincut cake? and do the martha stewart ones fit too?

cristi1015 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cristi1015 Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 10

yes all of the cartridges that cricut makes will fit. I use to work for michaels, but they recomend that you dont use them on a machine u plan to use on paper.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 10

yes you can get the cartridges, try www.cricutmachine.com. I bought elegant cakes for 10 when Michaels was getting rid of all of their cricut cake stuff and a set of mats for 2. I wish they had more but oh well. I can't say it was worth it yet because I haven't used it yet but I am sure at that price when I do it will be well worth it. Honestly I use sure cuts a lot because I don't have to have the cartridges but unfortunately with provocraftt suing them it's not longer supported. I won't be able to update the firmware ever on my machine!

tonne12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonne12 Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 3:21am
post #6 of 10

I just bought a cricut cake on ebay for $75, and I am trying to find more information about the programs Make the Cut and Sure Cuts A Lot. Looks to me like there is no way to get either now. Other than trying to get a good price on the cartridges what options do I have for doing more custom work with it?

cakeandpartygirl Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 10:20am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonne12

I just bought a cake on ebay for $75, and I am trying to find more information about the programs Make the Cut and Sure Cuts A Lot. Looks to me like there is no way to get either now. Other than trying to get a good price on the cartridges what options do I have for doing more custom work with it?

Unfortunately, unless you can get an older disc of one of the softwares. I know the silhouette is the machine that is still compatible.

tonne12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonne12 Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 3:41pm
post #8 of 10

From what I have seen though the Silhouette doesn't say anything about being used for cakes. I have came across a few older copies of SCAL but they are not gonna be cheap.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 9:20pm
post #9 of 10

Look for Linda McClure she has a lot of information about the silhouette.

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 9:32am
post #10 of 10

Is the cricut cake being phased out? Should I return the one I just bought? What would be the next best thing?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%