What Kind Of Mat Do You Use To Cut Letters On?

Decorating By Greeneyes1979 Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 4:03am by HeyWife

Greeneyes1979 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 11

Hi, I am going to try my hand at cutting sugar paste letters, I have the cutters, rolling pin, sugar paste etc but what I don't have is the mat I see in the tutorial videos for me to roll it out on and cut on - can anyone tell me the right name for them as I am struggling to find it on ebay and I don't want to waste money buying the wrong thing?

10 replies
Kellbella Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 11

I bought a single square of Corian at Home Depot. It rocks!!!! and it's cheap.

scp1127 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 11

It's a celboard. I got mine from Edna:


leah_s Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 11

I just use my counter.

WeezyS Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 11

I use a plastic placemat. Saw it somewhere on a video. It only cost $1.00 and it works great!

jennifercullen Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 6:26pm
post #6 of 11
Originally Posted by leah_s

I just use my counter.

Me too! As long as there's powdered sugar under your fondant/gumpaste so it doesn't stick that's what I do.

Greeneyes1979 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 6:37pm
post #7 of 11

Some great idas thankyou icon_smile.gif

Greeneyes1979 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 6:39pm
post #8 of 11

Some great ideas thankyou icon_smile.gif

poohsmomma Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 8:54pm
post #9 of 11

I get plastic cutting boards at the Dollar Tree ( 2 for $1) The fondant doesnt' stick to them. I don't have to use powdered sugar or Crisco or anything. When they get a lot of cuts, I can just toss them.

Sherry1030 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 9:18pm
post #10 of 11

I use wax paper ... icon_smile.gif

HeyWife Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 4:03am
post #11 of 11

I use a Sil-Pat

Quote by @%username% on %date%