Dh In Wasc

Baking By suzylynn58 Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 12:19am by BlakesCakes

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 8

I have searched and not found the answer to this question. I prefer DH cake mix and use the doctored recipe for most of my cakes. When I do the WASC with the DH mix, should I add pudding, since the BC mix has pudding in it already and DH doesn't?

Thanks!

7 replies
belle76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
belle76 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 8

i do! i'm not sure if it's the "done" thing, as i am a novice baker/decorator. but i add pudding to the mix and the cakes are pretty tasty icon_biggrin.gif

suzylynn58 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks belle!

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 8

I use the WASC recipe all the time with DH and never put pudding in it. It turns out great. The addition of the pudding with the sour cream may make the cake really "wet". I am not sure but that is what I am thinking. HTH

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 8

I use the WASC recipe all the time with DH and never put pudding in it. It turns out great. The addition of the pudding with the sour cream may make the cake really "wet". I am not sure but that is what I am thinking. HTH

Keciak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keciak Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 8

I prefer DH mixes and when I do the WASC (or any other doctored recipe) I don't add additional pudding. My cakes come out just fine. Maybe there are a few pros who've been doing this awhile who can chime in and let us know if it makes any difference (and what difference) in the cakes.

suzylynn58 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 8

Ok, I used Kakeladi's original recipe for the first time today. I have always used the tweeked one. No oil, whole eggs, and I didn't add pudding. What a timesaver not separating eggs and it was still white!!They came out great!! Very moist and tasty!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 12:19am
post #8 of 8

I use DH for my WASC and I do add instant pudding mix. I love the results.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%