Vegan Almond Cake

Baking By Taz-from-PR Updated 25 Sep 2011 , 3:50pm by scp1127

Taz-from-PR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taz-from-PR Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 3:34am
post #1 of 2

I have to make an almond cake for a couple who are complete vegetarians (no milk products, no eggs!!!!!). Many of the recipes that I've found are with a great amount of eggs in it. I'm planning to use powdered egg substitue and vegetable shortening. The problem is that I'm not sure how the substitute will work for substituing a large amount of eggs. I've use it for substituing 2-3 eggs, not a dozen of them. Any suggestions??????????

icon_smile.gif

1 reply
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 2

Don't try to sub a recipe. There are too many great vegan recipes out there. And that egg substitute is the worst. It took me awhile and many experiments to get my vegan recipes, so I don't share these. Look on the web for top rated recipes and sub the vanilla for almond, or split it. My favorite recipes are the ones with vinegar.

There is no shortcut to a great vegan cake. I think that making vegan recipes incredible is a tough job.

My favorite desserts are from a vegan chef. Her baked goods are the only ones I eat. Many are much better than my non-vegan recipes... and mine are excellent.

This is not a short-term project. I know my way around vegan recipes and I still require two weeks to develop a recipe. For my first recipe, I required a month.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%