Making My First Cake For Money!

Decorating By seikelc Updated 25 Sep 2011 , 4:16am by sweettreat101

seikelc Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 2:43am
post #1 of 3

A friend has asked me to make a baby shower cake. She wants a three tier with buttercream frosting and fondant decorations. First tier will have paisley decorations, second tier will have the babies name and paisley decorations the last tier will have different color circles on it and on top a ribbon. The tiers are 10, then a 8. the a 6 inch. I don't know how much to charge for this cake. Please help!!!!

Carla

2 replies
mplaidgirl2 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 2:53am
post #2 of 3

Thats about 60 servings at party size... I dont really do buttercream cakes..I do all Fondant cakes. For me that would be a minimum $240 depending on the design

sweettreat101 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 4:16am
post #3 of 3

What I usually do is calculate how much it is going to cost you for ingredients and then add on what you want for your time. I generally make cakes for friends and family so I don't usually charge what it would cost for them to go to a bakery. The three tier wedding cake in my photos titled Marias wedding was 240.00. It was a 12,9,6. The two tiered first birthday cake with the feather boa was 100.00. She supplied the feather boa and hat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%