Really Need Help Asap

Decorating By Mandyjb74 Updated 24 Sep 2011 , 3:00pm by bcake1960

Mandyjb74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandyjb74 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 11:11am
post #1 of 7

I am making my daughters 17th birthday cake today and she has decided she wants a cake in the shape of her blackberry! i think i can do the basics but not sure how to do the writing on the buttons
i would love to make this cake as good as possible but think if i ice on the letters it will look messy and the buttons are not big enough to use tappit.
i have been ill all week so this really will be a last minute push (first day out of bed in 4)

any advice???????

6 replies
donnella2045 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnella2045 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 11:56am
post #2 of 7

how about using chocolate or royal icing and piping the letters. You can print them out, put a sheet of acetate or waxed paper on top and pipe write on it. Or, you can do it directly onto your fondant. The other option is to use a food writing pen.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 7

I don't have advice, but your question made me feel really old. I couldn't figuire out why you would put buttons on a blackberry. Took me a few minutes to realize you weren't talking about a piece of fruit lol. Good luck and hope you continue to feel better.

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAE33

I don't have advice, but your question made me feel really old. I couldn't figuire out why you would put buttons on a blackberry. Took me a few minutes to realize you weren't talking about a piece of fruit lol. Good luck and hope you continue to feel better.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I second the royal icing with a very small tip.

Reimagining_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reimagining_Confections Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 1:28pm
post #5 of 7

If you have a cake supply store, you could get some rice paper and edible ink pens and write them on(get the small tip pens). Otherwise, a printed edible image could have worked. Do you have a store that prints them for a fee?

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 1:30pm
post #6 of 7

I made a blackberry out of black fondant once so it's smaller than what you're making, but I painted on the letters with a fine brush and silver luster dust.

HTH

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 3:00pm
post #7 of 7

do you have a cricut.?? you cut cut numbers.. or... go to Michaels or craft store that has scrapbooking supplies. and buy a few numbers... just pull off before cutting cake..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%