How Can I Do This?

Decorating By mommie917 Updated 24 Sep 2011 , 1:35pm by mommie917

mommie917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommie917 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have any idea on how this cake was done? I sent a message to the member but no response yet (probably super busy). I'd like to know how the texture was possibly created. How do you attach sugar, non-pereils, and dragees to the fondant? Thanks for any advice icon_smile.gif
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2002286

5 replies
Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 6

My guess would be that she painted the surface of the fondant with piping gel and then mixed the sugar crystals, non-parells, and dragees together and either sprinkled all around the cake or gently patted them on with her hand. That's probably how I would go about it.

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 6

I just did a cake with multi size pearls on it last week, and I used piping gel. It worked very well.

jeartist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeartist Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 6

Wow, that's quite a cake. Glad you asked that question and hope you'll post your results.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 6

A member of the Wilton forum does absolutely mind-blowing cakes and quite often does some with sugar like the one above. He said that he places the cake in a large tub, suspends a bag with sugar (like the bags with the popcorn styrofoam in shipping places) and attaches a tube. He paints the cake with piping gel, then lets the sugar coat the cake. He can re-use the excess in the bucket.

mommie917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommie917 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 1:35pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you to all of you! I really appreciate all of your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%