New Cake Maker Here

Decorating By BeckyV71 Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 7:49pm by pamelax3

BeckyV71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckyV71 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 16

Hello all,

My name is Becky and I live in TX. I have 4 kids a husband and a dog so i guess that actually makes 6 kids icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm not necessarily new to baking cakes since i have baked all my kids cakes at one time or another. I am finally at a point where I"m ready to learn how to bake better and bigger - does that make sense? I'm hoping that finding this site will give me great ideas on how to grow as a cake maker. Even though there are lots of classes in my area I can take, due to the fact that I work full time and run a business on the side plus the family - i have no time for anything other than the occasional shower lol!!

I'm tired of using all the store bought frostings etc when I know i can do this on my own if i just give it a chance. I will probably pop in and out with lots of questions until i get the hang of things and hope to find great answers and inspiration here.

Thank you for letting me join!
Becky

15 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 16

Welcome to CC. You'll find lots of answers here-inspiration, too. Good luck.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 7:21am
post #3 of 16

welcome, this site is wonderful, and full of inspiration, you will get addicted.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 16

Welcome! Believe it or not...that is how most of us got started. You'll find a lot of info on this site and plenty who are more than willing to be of help! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 16

Watch out for the threads that will help you. If you join in, especially on the ones that are discussing a certain flavor or recipe, make that recipe along with us. That way we can troubleshoot for you. It will be like showing up for class and finding you have a fifty teacher to one student ratio. There are quite a few members who will always help. Some specialize in the doctored recipes and some in scratch methods. Just find a spot where you need help and jump in.

Kathy99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy99 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 2:49am
post #6 of 16

Hi Becky. Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn and to share ideas with other members! icon_smile.gif Feel free to post any questions you may have!

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 3:26am
post #7 of 16

Welcome Becky, I have been on CC for about 3 years, but sometimes more than others and I think it is the same for everyone else. Have learned lots on here and most everyone I have met has been very helpful and very nice. have only met a couple of people on Cake Central that have been prickly pears and everyone else great. Welcome to the CC family.

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 3:32am
post #8 of 16

Welcome Becky! You're gonna learn tons of cool new stuff! Be sure to post your pictures, Im looking forward to seeing them!

SweetDelites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelites Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 10:20am
post #9 of 16

Welcome Becky,....... I got started on here as well. I love this site, and the members are great . Feel free to ask questions, there is sure to be someone who can help.

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 10:30am
post #10 of 16

Howdy! I'm a newbie too - everyone's been really helpful whether it be answering a direct question I've had or if I'm just gathering info from the various threads that have answered a question I didn't even know I had!

I get lots of ideas and inspiration from all the gorgeous photos that get posted every day!

jules5000 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 9:58pm
post #11 of 16

welcome nebila1230 and me_me1. We all just try to help each other and have fun meeting new people.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 10:05pm
post #12 of 16

Welcome Becky (love that name -- it's my daughter's, too!) and me me. I'm no expert myself, but am always willing to help where I can. And, I'm always anxious to see photos. icon_smile.gif

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 10:11pm
post #13 of 16

WARNING to all the newbies!! This site is addicting! I'm not kidding. A couple of years ago I found this
site by accident and my caking took on a whole new life of it's own!

jules5000 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 10:15pm
post #14 of 16

I second idgalpal, this site is very addicting.

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 6:15am
post #15 of 16

I'm already addicted!! I find myself checking it every morning over breakfast, every evening just before bed and even starting to have a look if I have a quiet moment at the day job!

So many threads with the answers to so many questions. And the tutorials are brilliant! And the photos... don't get me started on the photos!!

icon_smile.gif

pamelax3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamelax3 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 7:49pm
post #16 of 16

Hi I am also new here and live in Texas. We do not have any classes around unless I want to drive 100 miles. I have learned so much off cake central and they are correct it is addicting. Good luck, see you on the forums.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%