Wedding Cake With Fountain/stairs Ideas????

Decorating By tal Updated 23 Sep 2011 , 5:49pm by tal

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 12:58pm
post #1 of 4

I am looking for design ideas for a bride whose wedding is this Nov.

She has the pillars, fountain and stairs, wants all BC and is letting the decorating up to me.

I have done everything from stenciling to piping and just cannot seem to come up with a simple, yet elegant design.

The groom is dressing in Nat'l Guard uniform and colors are white, navy, red. I plan on roses those colors to sit on top of each tier, but ANY ideas for decorating each tier???? I've already looked thru all the fountain cake pics EVERYWHERE on the internet, but they are either too busy or not enough design on them....

Any ideas to all those talented decorators on this board would be MOST helpful!

icon_lol.gif Lisa

3 replies
HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 4

You are over thinking this project. Stop for a day, no thoughts about this cake! Your stenciling came out great, just looked at your pictures. For ideals, go to the library and look at old Wilton cake decorating books. That is where I find some ideals, also on the web check out sites that sell tier stands and pillars. Most of all, make this fun. Last, when I'm told I can do what I want with a cake, I usually try new techniques that I always wanted to try. I admit while I'm working on the cake, I get panicky too with doing new things but in the end it seems to work out. Best Wishes!

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 4

Don't look at just fountain cakes. Look at any cake and then use a design if you like it. I did a fountain cake last month and piped a type of quilting kind of look.

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 5:49pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks to both of you!

You are soooooooooo right in telling me I need to chill!!!! I think once I get this first cake done and over with, I will feel so much more confident with the next one.

At first I was so pleased that the bride was allowing me to choose the design; now I'm rethinking that ideas - hahahaha

Thank you - some times you just need someone else to tell you to relax a bit.......

Lis

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%