How Do You Organize Your Stuff?

Decorating By scrapperjade Updated 24 Sep 2011 , 2:03am by ajwonka

scrapperjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapperjade Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 3:51am
post #1 of 5

Hi all! I have a quick question about how to organize my baking items! I'm a complete newbie still, but things are adding up fast. I have a lot of items in my Wilton Ultimate kit that will stay in there, but I want to know what to do with all the things that won't fit in there.

How do you keep your cookie cutters organized? Your little tools? Icing colors? Sprinkles & small candies? All that good stuff!

I need a system before I get too much stuff & have it become overwhelming & messy! Any tips would be much appreciated!!

4 replies
Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 4:13am
post #2 of 5

I guess it depends on the space available...
Unfortunately my kitchen is very small icon_sad.gif I have everything in a big Rubbermaid bin & all what you mentioned are in separate containers inside that bin...
My dream isn't buying a new car or travelling all over the world... My big dream is a big kitchen thumbs_up.gif lolicon_sad.gif*sigh...

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 5

Lots of plastic containers in difference sizes on shelves in my cake room.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-49039-organise.html+organize

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 5

Omg I am so jealous of those photos! I have literally one single cupboard to fit everything in. I have a large kitchen, but it still has very little storage space. I keep all my tools and colours in a little baby shoe box, and the rest is not chucked in the cupboard so that I have to slam the door really quick, then everything falls out the next time I open it :/ I keep saying I should organise it all, but I literally have nothing to do with it when I do. I have no space icon_sad.gificon_cry.gificon_sad.gificon_cry.gificon_sad.gif

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 2:03am
post #5 of 5

Those pictures are amazing! We do have a large walk-in pantry and I've taken over quite a bit of it. I have many plastic organizers with drawers from Wal-Mart. Each drawer is for something different: colors, cutting supplies, flower making supplies, sprinkles, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%