What Would You Charge.....

Business By Sonya Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 6:52pm by TexasSugar

Sonya Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 8

Ok so my hubby and I are at a disagreement..... he says I am charging to much for my choc. covered strawberry cake icon_confused.gif We live in a small town where there arent many bakers that makes cakes except for the grocery store and chain stores. What would you charge for this cake in a:
8 inch double layer round ?
10 inch double layer round?
12 inch double layer round?

Thanks for the help icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Sonya Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 8

Does anyone see the picture? I tried to add it 2 times... oh well its the round pink choc. covered strawberry cake in my pictures.

TexasSugar Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 8

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-694973-pricing.html

Give your husband the facts, show him how much you spend on making the cake. Show him how long it took you to make it, and ask him what your time it worth.

It really isn't going to matter what anyone else charges for the cake. You have to price the cake to cover your costs, labor and profit, this will vary for everyone depending on the products they use and so on. You also can not compare your cakes to grocery store bakery prices.

I would price the cakes, then I would do the strawberries as an add on. Those are an seasonal item and depending on when you buy them they can be nicely priced, or outrageously priced.

BizCoCos Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 8

48-70
68-80
88-100

aligotmatt Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 8

Agree with TexasSugar. Price it all out, time it, then figure out what it's worth.

Sonya Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the help! After I told him how much just the strawberries and choc is he realized that I am right... I told him I am always right, bahahahahha, LOL!

QTCakes1 Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 3:20pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya

After I told him how much just the strawberries and choc is he realized that I am right... I told him I am always right, bahahahahha, LOL!

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya

Thanks for the help! After I told him how much just the strawberries and choc is he realized that I am right... I told him I am always right, bahahahahha, LOL!

When you have the actual numbers in front of you it is an eye opener that is for sure. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%