Help! Quick! I Need Input!

Decorating By mrsclox Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 2:37pm by mrsclox

mrsclox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsclox Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 5

My cousin is getting married tomorrow and I'm making the cake. Just covering it in fondant so the mother of the bride can decorate it with flowers. I need input on the heights of the layers! It's a fairly small 2 layer. They wanted the layers to be uneven; bottom shorter than the top. I have them iced and ready for fondant, but I'm worried the proportions are off. I've attached a picture. The bottom is an 8" round layer and is 3.38" tall. The top is a 6" round and is 6" tall. Do you think either of them needs to be shorter? Is the 8" too tall? I'm worried they're both too tall. I was thinking I could fairly easily take the top or bottom off of either or both to make them shorter.

4 replies
mrsclox Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 5

Where are my attachments? Grrr! Evidently adding attachments isn't working. Please help anyway! Thanks!

mrsclox Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 5

I added the picture to my album if you want to see it. I don't know why it won't upload here. I've tried several times.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:22pm
post #4 of 5

It would depend on the layout of the cake. I think if they are going to add flowers around the base of the top cake it will make the top cake appear shorter and should be fine. If they are going to add the flowers around the base of the bottom tier it will nearly make the bottom tier invisible, so it should also be fine. But if they are putting the flower solely on top of the cake, uh...not so much. Just my opinion and you know what they say about those. It will probably be fine. You are probably just nervous.

Edited to add: Please remind MOB to use flower pick, and she should stick real or fake flowers directly into the cake. She may not realize this.

mrsclox Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 5

The gallery moderator has already removed my picture. Is it just me or does this website have TONS of bugs lately? Nothing seems to work right anymore. Sorry, no picture for you to look at.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%