Stuffed Up, Butter And Sugar..urgent Help Pls

Baking By CakesByRashmi Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 9:36am by CakesByRashmi

CakesByRashmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByRashmi Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 7:59am
post #1 of 5

hello fellow cakers..
Was very excited to make a red velvet cake and after mixing the sugar and butter I realized I used normal sugar instead of castor sugar. So I now have 240 gms butter mixed with 3 cups of sugar which is coarse and will surely spoil my cake. Any tips, help to save it or make something else out of it??
Thanks

4 replies
Nusi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nusi Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 8:10am
post #2 of 5

i dont think it will spoil your cake... i use a different recipie with regular sugar and oil .. maybe my sugar never disolves properly but it turns out fine. when everything is mixed together it gets ok

CakesByRashmi Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 9:00am
post #3 of 5

Really????? I would have thought that the sugar would start dissolving during the baking process and would in turn effect the cake texture or form bubbles maybe. Anyway, I will try this but if anyone thinks otherwise..I'm listening

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 9:25am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush_shai

hello fellow cakers..
Was very excited to make a red velvet cake and after mixing the sugar and butter I realized I used normal sugar instead of castor sugar. So I now have 240 gms butter mixed with 3 cups of sugar which is coarse and will surely spoil my cake. Any tips, help to save it or make something else out of it??
Thanks

I always use normal sugar... never had problems. I use caster sugar only for meringues.

CakesByRashmi Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 9:36am
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much for the quick reply, will let you all know how it turned out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%