Painting With Airbrush Colors

Decorating By BGchef Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 6:35am by Wnt2BACakeStar

BGchef Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 5:45am
post #1 of 2

I tried finding an answer to this but couldn't. If its already posted, can someone point me in the right direction?

I noticed a lot of people want to paint with luster dusts but do not want to use alcohol on their cakes for whichever reason. Many airbrush colors do not contain alcohol, so I was wondering if anyone has tried using the shiny airbrush colors instead of luster dust. Is it possible to paint with these colors without using a machine? Do you need to dilute them at all? Does it produce a nice, lasting effect?

1 reply
Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 6:35am
post #2 of 2

I really like the look of the shiny airbrush colors however they tend to gunk up my airbrush gun so I rarely use them. I usually end up using a powdered luster dust with a brush. The only time that I use a brush to actually paint on color is when I'm using gold or silver. It's really easy to get streaks. Having said that yes I have used the shiny colors to paint with they come out like the other colors however if your looking for that more delicate shimmer than use powder and a brush or the airbrush gun. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%