What Kind Of Pan Is This ?

Decorating By blessed7ofus Updated 31 Oct 2011 , 3:27am by imagenthatnj

blessed7ofus Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 1:30am
post #1 of 10

How do I get this shape of cake - cutting it or does anyone know what this pan is called? I appreciate your feedbackicon_smile.gif

9 replies
blessed7ofus Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 1:41am
post #2 of 10

icon_redface.gif I'm not seeing the pic I attached in my message. icon_sad.gif The cake shape I am looking to "figure out" is Larger on the top of the cake and slims down. Not the topsy turvy pans.. but kind of like a top hat...ugh...Hope some one can helpicon_smile.gif

kel58 Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 1:58am
post #4 of 10

OK, this might be a dumb question but how does the cake come out of the pan is the bottom is bigger than the top? or is the pan reversed and then u gotta flip it? I also assume this means you have to bake one tall cake instead of layers...

imagenthatnj Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:03am
post #5 of 10

You bake cakes normally. You torte and fill the layers. You put it in the freezer. And then you carve.

You put a big round board on top, the size you want the top to be.

You flip the cake. Put a smaller round board on top now, and carve down from the small board to the big board.

I'm going to try to find a tutorial for it with pictures.

Karen421 Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:07am
post #6 of 10

I would start with smaller layers going up to larger layers, then carve down to the smaller size. Or you can do all the same size layers and then just carve down. HTH icon_smile.gif

kel58 Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:07am
post #7 of 10

Thanks, I knew that was the way to do them, but thought they made a special pan by the original posters question. They make topsy turvy pans so I thought maybe I was missing something.
Thanks for the reply icon_biggrin.gif

imagenthatnj Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 2:27am
post #8 of 10

Was the best I could find.

blessed7ofus Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 3:12am
post #9 of 10

Thank you so much imagenthatnj icon_smile.gif I am working on the cake this week for a wedding on the 11th. Keeping my fingers crossed! You are a life saver!

imagenthatnj Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 3:27am
post #10 of 10

You're welcome, blessed7ofus. What are you making? A tapered cake? Or a full topsy?

Quote by @%username% on %date%