Stenciling On Imbc Or Smbc?

Decorating By tal Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 4:01pm by aprilismaius

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 12:38am
post #1 of 6

Is it possible to stencil onto a Swiss or Italian BC iced cake?

If so, any stenciling experts here have instructs on how to accomplish this?

icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 12:54am
post #2 of 6

I don't use either of those icings (just taste like sweetened butter to me) but if you ice the cake and then refrigerate until the icing is hard, it should work. I stencil on buttercream but only once I've refrigerated it.

tal Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 6

I tend to agree. They are truly both light and buttery, but I'm a "sweet tooth" lover.

The bride does NOT want sweet - but then I have to ask myself - why do you want cake if you don't want sweet???? To each is own - icon_lol.gif

Thank you !

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 6

I only use SMBC, but some recipes are better than others. I have tweaked it quite a bit and my customers love it. Anyways, to your question. I have stenciled on SMBC with great success in the past. All you have to do is refrigerate it for at least a half hour before stenciling. Sometimes, if I am in a hurry, I pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes. I have a cupcake tower setup in my gallery, and the cutting cake is stenciled SMBC.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2064487

tal Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 3:57pm
post #5 of 6

The cupcakes/stenciling pic is fantastic! After you take the cake out of the fridge to stencil, doesn't it start to soften up quickly? In other words, I'd have to rush getting the stencil on?

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 6

If it is good and cold, you don't have to rush. However, if I have to apply the stencil to the cake more than once, I will pop it back into the freezer for a few minutes to get the stencilling I just did cold, too, just so it doesn't smear or anything if I touch it by accident.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%