Help! Best Tasting Pre-Made Buttercream Icing?

Decorating By sugarandspice812 Updated 21 Sep 2011 , 8:11pm by Torimomma

sugarandspice812 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 2

I'm wanting to make my daughter's 2nd birthday cake, but in between work, home, and going to school full-time, I seriously have my doubts that I will have the time (or energy for that matter....) to make everything from scratch like I did with her first birthday cake. I figured that I would skip the hassle of scratch cake and go with WASC, slowly make the gumpaste figurines one at a time during craft time with the kiddo, and I will be making MMF...I will not skip on that part. Pre-packaged fondant is sooooooo gross.

I was thinking that it would be wonderful to skip making all of the batches of buttercream, but I've already tasted the Wilton brand..... it was not very appetizing. Are there any good tasting pre-made tubs of buttercream icing? If so, I'd love to hear your comments on which ones taste the best! Thanks in advance!

1 reply
Torimomma Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 2

Sorry but it doesn't exist in my opinion. Nothing in a can holds a candle to homemade. I think making icing is the easiest part if you use a stand mixer.

I always make a triple or quadruple batch and then you can freeze it in a Ziploc bag, no problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%