Help Cranberry Color Buttercream/ Fondant. Due Saturday

Decorating By artee37 Updated 21 Sep 2011 , 11:55pm by artee37

artee37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artee37 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 1:10am
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to do a three tier cake for this saturday. A month ago she told me the colors were white and gold. And tells me tonight that the color has changed to White and Cranberry how do I achieve this color buttercream/ fondant. I do not own an airbrush machine.
Help

7 replies
KarlaGJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarlaGJ Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 1:30am
post #2 of 8

I recently did a 40th anniversary cake. This color is close. I used burgandy and Christmas red with a little black. For cranberry I would omit the black and perhaps add violet. Good luck!

I can't figure out how to post a link to the photo. Click the link below to see my cakes.

Let us know what you end up using.

KarlaGJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarlaGJ Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaGJ

I recently did a 40th anniversary cake. This color is close. I used burgandy and Christmas red with a little black. For cranberry I would omit the black and perhaps add violet. Good luck!

I can't figure out how to post a link to the photo. Click the link below to see my cakes.

Let us know what you end up using.

I forgot to add that I started with Duff's red.

Janiepie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janiepie Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 8

I tried coloring fondant a deep red for a Lightning McQueen car. Did 2 batches and had problems with it falling apart. I think it was the high concentration of coloring! I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK!

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 8

I made a cranberry-red colored cake on a Reindeer Cake last christmas. I made red MMF using red candy melts and added a bit of both AmeriColor Super Red and Hot Pink gel color to it until I got the right shade. I have instructions on using candy melts on my blog link below.

ANGELAKAY264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANGELAKAY264 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 4:43pm
post #6 of 8

I absolutely hate doing reds....but I also make mmf and last time I did a red fondant cake I used the strawberry marshmallows, they are a pink color and I added red to that. I didn't have to use as much because it already has a pink base. Hope this helps!!

ANGELAKAY264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANGELAKAY264 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 8

I absolutely hate doing reds....but I also make mmf and last time I did a red fondant cake I used the strawberry marshmallows, they are a pink color and I added red to that. I didn't have to use as much because it already has a pink base. Hope this helps!!

artee37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artee37 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 11:55pm
post #8 of 8

Thank for the replies. I will let you know how it turns out and post pics

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%