Fat Daddio's Tupsy Turvy Cake Pans

Decorating By EvieliciousCakes Updated 27 Sep 2011 , 3:59am by EvieliciousCakes

EvieliciousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvieliciousCakes Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 12:06am
post #1 of 5

Hello all,
Has anyone used the Fat Daddio's topsy turvy cake pans? they are on sale and would love to buy them just so it can be easier to make these cakes but im unsure if they are good to use?
Anyone? icon_confused.gif

4 replies
Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 5

Hi,

I love the fat daddios cake pans. However, I don't know how the cakes will bake evenly in the topsy turvey pans. One side is going to cook faster than the other. If you buy them let us know.

SammieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieB Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 5

I don't know if I would buy them (if they are the same pans) after reading this thread:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=7145901&sid=c5639b31355098d1d05dcd3f4e5f56eb

Lisa1984Babybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa1984Babybird Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 5

I just bought and used these pans. i had absolutley no problem with them. I did wonder if the would bake evenly, so i put aluminum foil over the shallow side before baking to prevent burning. i don't think i needed it. the cakes tasted great. i used a 10 inch and a 6 inch at 325 degrees. birthday.gif

EvieliciousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvieliciousCakes Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 3:59am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1984Babybird

I just bought and used these pans. i had absolutley no problem with them. I did wonder if the would bake evenly, so i put aluminum foil over the shallow side before baking to prevent burning. i don't think i needed it. the cakes tasted great. i used a 10 inch and a 6 inch at 325 degrees. birthday.gif

Really? do you have any pictures of what the outcome was? and the pans you have? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%