Moist Cake

Baking By Jael Updated 27 Sep 2011 , 3:58am by Jael

Jael Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jael Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 4

hi everyone, this is my first time using this, so i have no idea what i am doing?..I just started baking not too long ago and I am always coming across the same problem. My cakes are so so very dry. Does anyone know how to make them really moist?

3 replies
WeezyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeezyS Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 4

Try this link from CC and try the WASC recipe. Lots and lots of great recipes. thumbs_up.gif

https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 4

I think a huge part of it is the recipe. I've been going through a ton of recipes lately looking for one I love and some are really dry and some are really moist. Another thing that really affects it is cooking time. Are you baking from scratch or from a mix? Mix cakes can be overcooked and still come out moist. Scratch cakes are much more finicky! I used to always bake from a mix and had a different idea about when cakes were done. I was actually overcooking them. Try taking your cake out a little bit sooner.

I just tried a recipe yesterday that is supermoist today. It wasn't a winner as far as what I was looking for but you may like it for your use. I can't find the original post, it was under the great scratch bake off yellow cakes. It's called white on white buttermilk cake. They had another one that was rated really high that I haven't tried, Sylvia Weinstocks Original Yellow cake.

Keep baking, you'll find a good one that is yummy and moist!

Jael Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jael Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 3:58am
post #4 of 4

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%