Bake Pops - As Seen On Tv

Baking By CrumblesConfections Updated 27 Sep 2011 , 2:31am by LittleandCuteCakes

CrumblesConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 15

Has anyone purchased and used this Bake Pops maker? It looks handy but the 1 drawback I see is the cake can be dry if they are baked and just coated in chocolate. The one thing I like about the method where we roll the balls with frosting, is that it keeps the cake inside moist. Right now it looks like you get 2 for 1 if you buy it for $19.99. I'm thinking about buying it just to see how it actually works and if my "dryness" theory is right. But then again, I guess it's the same concept as baking cupcakes and I've never had an issue with them being dry. It's all in the mix, I guess. What do you all think?

14 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 15

I read the comments on their facebook page and it seems the shipping and receiving of the pan is very scattered.Many have commented that they haven't received their pan yet after months of ordering...I thought about it and when I read that..I said No...I'm waiting for the Babycakes grill to come here in October...

CrumblesConfections Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

I read the comments on their facebook page and it seems the shipping and receiving of the pan is very scattered.Many have commented that they haven't received their pan yet after months of ordering...I thought about it and when I read that..I said No...I'm waiting for the Babycakes grill to come here in October...

I read on their site it takes 3-6 weeks for delivery. I'll wait until they get it in the drugstore and buy it then. I'm not patient enough for that amount of waiting. lol

DotteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DotteCakes Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 15

They have them at Bed Bath and Beyond icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 15

Anyone know if they have them in Canada yet? If so where?

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 15

I have the BabyCakes (ordered it from Kohls.com with free shipping. It's so easy and fast. The cake isn't dry at all.

CrumblesConfections Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 7:50pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotteCakes

They have them at Bed Bath and Beyond icon_smile.gif

I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

CrumblesConfections Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 7:51pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mim1106

I have the BabyCakes (ordered it from Kohls.com with free shipping. It's so easy and fast. The cake isn't dry at all.

I was wondering about this one too. Thanks for the info!

Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 3:47am
post #9 of 15

I stopped in our local Bed, Bath and Beyond tonight, and they did not have them. The clerk even looked it up on the computer and they had no record of it at all.

CrumblesConfections Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 10:39pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyforcupcakes

I stopped in our local Bed, Bath and Beyond tonight, and they did not have them. The clerk even looked it up on the computer and they had no record of it at all.

thumbsdown.gif
I'm sure Walgreens will have them soon because they always get those "As Seen on TV" items. Probably in time for Christmas.

FabricGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FabricGal Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 7:19am
post #11 of 15

I ordered mine from Kohl's--it had to be delivered because they didn't have any at the store. I went online and downloaded the coupon codes, and got some money off, plus I got free shipping.

Unfortunately, when it arrived, a screw was loose. I tried to put it back but the metal was stripped. Also, the lid (top) was loose.

I returned it, and got another one. It works great!

I've made cake pops and covered them with chocolate and decorated them, and they hold up at room temp for 2 days...they probably could hold out longer than 2 days but we end up eating them!

For folks who want to know more, I tout these as a healthier alternative to other cake pops, and I call them Cake CakePops (versus Cake Pops which are made by mixing cake and frosting).

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 4:12pm
post #12 of 15

I called my local As Seen on TV store and they said they have been ordered and will be getting them next week. I'm gonna try them to see how they work.. they sure look convenient.

yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 4:26pm
post #13 of 15

I also use the baby cakes machine and I think they are much better filled. Who wants cake without icing?!?! Not me! I'm not sure if the as seen on tv thing has an injector but I'm sure you could find something to use for that purpose.

Bootycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bootycat Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 12:58pm
post #14 of 15

I went olnine also and looked at Bed and Bath web site. They don't carry them.

LittleandCuteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleandCuteCakes Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 2:31am
post #15 of 15

I went and placed and order for the Bake pops As seen on TV and that was in Jun and still September and nothing. I called them and cancelled the order. Also, I thought of them being dry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%