Cupcake Pans / Peeling Liners

Baking By cakesrpretty Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 8:23am by Nusi

cakesrpretty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrpretty Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 11

I am so frustrated! I have tried everything to stop liners from peeling.
Scratch recipes, boxed recipes, take cupcakes out if pan immediately, let cupcakes sit in pan to cool....nothing works.
Do you think it could be the type of pans I am using that are causing the cupcake liners to peel? I am using a light steel pan...I may try and buy another kind of pan and see what happensicon_sad.gif

10 replies
Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesrpretty

I am so frustrated! I have tried everything to stop liners from peeling.
Scratch recipes, boxed recipes, take cupcakes out if pan immediately, let cupcakes sit in pan to cool....nothing works.
Do you think it could be the type of pans I am using that are causing the cupcake liners to peel? I am using a light steel pan...I may try and buy another kind of pan and see what happensicon_sad.gif

maybe try another kind of liner? icon_smile.gif

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 11

what kind of liners are you using?

cakesrpretty Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 11

Its not the liners...I have tried so many....it can't be all of them!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 11

I think you must be underbaking. When it is underbaked, the cupcake is wetter, and it shrinks when it cools, and that is why it pulls away from the liner. Try adding a minute or two to the baking time.

cakesrpretty Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 11

The cupcake doesn't seem underbaked. But I will try adding a minute or 2 next timeicon_smile.gif

linda2530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda2530 Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 5:16pm
post #7 of 11

The foil ones DO NOT peel off. I tried every kind on the market and some peel and some dont, but the foil never do! They cost a little more but it is worth it to me not to have to worry with the peeling and not to have to use two paper ones every time.

sak92337 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sak92337 Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 5:20am
post #8 of 11

I also have experienced the same problem. I notice that it only happens with certain recipes. Don't think its the liners. I've tried many.

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 6:10am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesrpretty

what happens if you bake without a pan? I have never used pans to bake cupcakes in my life and never had problem of peeling liners (only once - bad quality liners, they went straight into the bin). I have found my ideal scratch recipe for cupcakes, if you want ...

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 7:04am
post #10 of 11

I'd say it's the liners. I've been using the grease-resistant liners from Smart & Final (only available on the West Coast). Never had a single problem and I'm almost finished with a package that held 500 liners.

Nusi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nusi Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 8:23am
post #11 of 11

id say its the recipie does it happen with one type of recipie or all?? i once had a problem with one buttermilk cupcake recipie peeling liner but all my other recipies are fine

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%