Dessert Table Pricing..help

Decorating By ufo9978 Updated 20 Sep 2011 , 2:37pm by TexasSugar

ufo9978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ufo9978 Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 2:11am
post #1 of 3

Hi all,
One of the customers asked me to do a dessert table including cupcakes, cake pops, cookies and jar filled with candies. I need help with pricing and stuff. she will make a decision based on my price. I am thinking price for each item and then do per hour for setup and she pays for jars and candies plus all display items. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

2 replies
ValerieElizabeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValerieElizabeth Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 4:19am
post #2 of 3

That sounds about right. Is this your first dessert table??

Depending on how many people are going to be at this party/event, you may want to cut the price a bit to make sure you book it and get the exposure for future dessert tables.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 3

I would price the cupcakes, cake pops and cookies much like I would a cake. Supplies (and over head) + labor + profit = Price.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-694973-pricing.html

The above link talks about cake pricing, but you can translate it into pricing any baked good. Remember, labor is were the bulk of your cost is going to come from.

As far as the candy jars and display items, if you think they are something you would want to keep, then I would buy them and rent the use of them to her. If they are an item that you don't want to have, then I would charge her the full price of them, and give them to her afterward.

You can give give her an detailed list of what to get where it comes to the jars and candies. If you go shopping for them, then I would include that in the cost (that is your time you are spending) as well as what they cost you and labor cost for sitting everything up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%