Best Way To Do Snoopy On A Chocolate Cake...

Decorating By tmelrose Updated 20 Sep 2011 , 2:20am by tmelrose

tmelrose Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 4

Next month my son requested a Snoopy on a chocolate cake. I first was going to try the sugar run method but was afraid the chocolate would affect Snoopy's coloring (being able to see the chocolate thru Snoopy). My other options are fondant snoopy, fbct, or chocolate transfer. I recently did a fbct on a chocolate cake and it didn't affect or was able to see the chocolate through the design but..... I kinda wanted to try something new. I've never tried a chocolate transfer and have only done one fondant design. What do you guys think my best method would be and you wouldn't be able to see the chocolate through Snoopy? TIA

3 replies
loves2bake Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 12:13am
post #2 of 4

I'm guessing you want to draw the Snoopy on the cake..? If you make the white frosting thick enough, the chocolate won't bleed through.

nursingnellie Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 1:36am
post #3 of 4

I did a whole bunch of chocolate transfer Snoopy's on a baby shower cake that was red velvet. The cream cheese frosting was a little thin, but NOTHING shows through a chocolate transfer! icon_biggrin.gif Pic is in my photos if you'd like to see.

tmelrose Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 2:20am
post #4 of 4

loves2bake: I wouldn't have to necessarily have to draw it on the cake, but of course if I did a sugar run I would be.

nursingnellie: love your Snoopy chocolate transfers. Is there a good tutorial link on chocolate transfers? I guess you'd probably remove this from the cake when serving, correct?

Quote by @%username% on %date%