How Would I Achieve This Look?

Baking By ANGELAKAY264 Updated 21 Sep 2011 , 12:10am by Cricketina

ANGELAKAY264 Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 13

Any clue as to what tip this may be on the top portion of the cupcake?


12 replies
JamAndButtercream Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 13

That looks like a ruffle tip, maybe number 87 or 88 of wiltons,
See in the link below,

Hope this helps! good luck! icon_smile.gif

hugsfrombev Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 13

I had that look happen to me by accident yesterday! I was in a hurry and my chocolate frosting was more firm/thick than usual. I didn't have time to fix it, so I shoved it in the bag with the 1m tip and proceeded to swirl the frosting on the cupcakes as usual. It looked just like that picture you posted!

I don't have pictured (was hurrying). But the thicker frosting did it. I am sure that is not the "right way", LOL. But it worked. =)

Unlimited Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 13

Tip #87 & #88 are the combo petal & star tipsthere are no star grooves on the cupcake icing.

I think it's the "V"-shaped bird's beak leaf tip.

EarlyM Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 13

That looks to me like something out of a star tip, perhaps 1M.

Apti Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 13

I agree with Unlimited, it looks like a tip 352

carmijok Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 13

Did you PM the CC member that posted the picture?

ANGELAKAY264 Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 13

I did and no reply yet!

jennifercullen Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 6:09pm
post #9 of 13

I don't know because I typically don't pipe, but I thought it looked like the rose cake open star tip 1M but with a kind if accidental texture as I've seen it like that on some of the rose cakes they look quite ruffled. I don't know how they get that look though whether its a knack or an accident.

amaryllis756 Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 9:13am
post #10 of 13

It looks like a leaf tip to me. or a m1

Mike121 Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 11:48pm
post #11 of 13

One way to achieve a look is to accent the cupcake with a cupcake liner. You can choose any design to compliment any occasion.

instant-gratificaketion Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 12:08am
post #12 of 13

It's a 1M or 2D. Even pressure applied but slow movement so the frosting kind of bunches up as it goes along.

Cricketina Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 12:10am
post #13 of 13

Mike121 where would you get a cupcake liner fo fit the giant cupcake pan cake? I haven't seen them but if you have I have that pan and I would sure like to know...thx

Quote by @%username% on %date%