Wilton Fountain Replacement Parts, Angry At Customer

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 10:57am by zdebssweetsj

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 5

Where can I find the magnet insert that is inside the fountain for it to work? I knew for a fact it was not broken. The lady that borrowed it last night, calls me to tell me she couldnt use it, the magnet that goes inside is broken.

She handed me the magnet today. I had two fountains she had, and the 2nd one, so far the cascading tower 3 parts are also mssing, she cant find them. I also recieved my platters all iced up with bc and dirty. Im angry. and thrown in a Walmart bag!!!

She has never done this before and does alot of orders with me. In the bag was my roman column and platters, the stairs, other cake platters, the side cake stands in my Quince photo I posted today, and it was covered in cake, icings and trash. Waiting to see if they can find my fountain pieces also. And I need to replace the magnet, and cant find it on line....

any one know where I can get that piece???
thanks

4 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 5

I suggest you send an e-mail directly to Wilton, as I have never seen any replacement parts in any chain craft store or independent cake store.

Time to raise her prices to cover the cost of replacement parts, and to take full replacement costs deposits on all returnable equipment.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 5

I would never "loan" any equipment. There would be a deposit equal to the replacement cost plus a hassle percentage tacked on to the total!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 12:09am
post #4 of 5

Well the only reason I "loan" the items is that the lady is a sister to my daughter in law, and like I said...never had a problem, always have seen them take care of things over the years.

I just felt like I get everything back and then Im having to wash and clean all the BC from the platters, put in a walmart bag just thrown in with everything from platters, bubble straws I had used, tulle, just thrown in!!!
and then the fountain like I said mising the 3 water fall inserts...which those I did find on the wilton site, but not the magnet that goes internal.

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 10:57am
post #5 of 5

Friends and family will sometimes treat you worse than total strangers. My daughters MIL set candles under my cake stand and beside the fountain. Then wondered where all that water came from.....never even offered to replace the equipment she destroyed. Made the wedding cake and grooms cake for cost lost about $200.00. OUCH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%