Help Finding A Picture / With Technique

Decorating By Emmar308 Updated 18 Sep 2011 , 7:33pm by carmijok

Emmar308 Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all
I have admired this technique on many cakes, but have not saved any piccies as i do not do buttercream only cakes, just fondant. Guess what... i've just been asked to do a buttercream only cake! Typical! The technique is the piped dots of buttercream then smeared with a spatula. I think it looks beautiful, and i'd love to try this on my bc cake. I have searched the galleries, but i seem to recall there was no name for this technique and also when i search under "buttercream cakes" my computer can't cope and freezes up! If anyone has pictures of these cakes saved could they let me kno please? Thanks very much. Em

3 replies
carmijok Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 4

There's been a zillion of these done lately...and this is one that was in my favs along with comments which included one that has website info where you can find technique info.

Emmar308 Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much Carmijok, this is exactly what i was looking for. I can't wait to try this technique - i'm really looking forward to working with butercream for a change. Could you possibly advise me on the best consistency for piping buttercream? Thankyou

carmijok Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 4

I haven't done this before, though I hope to soon. I would imagine a medium consistency would work least that's what I would try first. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%