Question About Fondant Icing.

Decorating By CakerbakerAce Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 4:41pm by CakerbakerAce

CakerbakerAce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakerbakerAce Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 6

While making cakes for a number of years, i have just started the idea of making my own fondant icing. I tried a couple of weeks ago. The reciepe was terrible... It just turned in to hard sugar.
If you have any reciepes on making fondant icing it will be much appreciated. I don't really want to go buying it from Tescos......

5 replies
SRumzis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SRumzis Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 6

Just check out the recipe section on this site, especially the most saved section. I myself prefer Rhondas MMF. The recipe you used was probably for a different type of fondant, not rollable. There are many different forms of fondant!

CakerbakerAce Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks, but most of the fondant reciepies i find on here are either mashmellow ones or something i never heard of. I just want something similar to the shop bought. Unless that is what you just suggested??

CakerbakerAce Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 6

Ah that was a bit dumb^^ :-/

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 6:37pm
post #5 of 6

LOL asking questions is not dumb icon_smile.gif Try using the MMF, if you don't like that, try Michelle Foster's recipe! I have not had much luck with making fondant, I prefer Satin Ice for the texture, workability, flavor, and its stability!

CakerbakerAce Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 4:41pm
post #6 of 6

OKay thankyou xD

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%