Feel So Let Down!

Decorating By Lemmers Updated 21 Sep 2011 , 10:49am by Nusi

Lemmers Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all!

Just a bit of a rant really as I don't have anyone else around me who truly understands why I feel as bad as I do right now!

Anyway, long story short- I'm trying to set up my cake business to sell cakes etc at events and do custom celebration cakes, and as such I decided to be as professional as I could (i.e. be legal AND get myself a 'brand'). A work colleague/friend kindly offered to do my logo for me as he's been to art school etc. Well, this was about 2 months ago and still no final design. He's shown me some drafts and I thought all was decided, but since then I've heard nothing despite sending 3 emails. This was about a month ago we last spoke about it.

I even said "If you don't want to do it anymore or haven't the time, I understand- I will gladly arrange something else if so". Still no response. He's even passed me at work and said nothing, not even "HI!"

So not only have I been kept back from starting to actually sell my cakes, as I want to go into it fully ready and 'branded', but I also feel like I've done something to offend him but have no idea what!!

Sorry this was so long, but I HAD to get it off my chest as I'm so unbelievably frustrated- I have all this new equipment etc sitting around because I can't start yet all because of one person!

Phew- rant over icon_smile.gif Thanks for allowing me to whine!

8 replies
ljchevygirl Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 9

Next time you see him at work, speak to him and ask him about it. Make it a point to speak to him, this is important to you.

JustBakedCakes Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 9

I say, Go somewhere else and get it done!! Obviously he isn't going to do it, not on your time at least. If you comes to you later on with the finished product just tell him nicely how you waited for him and never recieved any responses. You had to get it done! Don't let him hold you back, thats just silliness icon_smile.gif

dldbrou Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 9

Just send him one last email thanking him for trying to help you, and you feel that he is too busy with other projects and that you need your logo finalized, so you are relieving him of any and all responsibility for this project.

I bet there are people on this site that would be able to work with you for a logo. Good Luck.

Lemmers Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks everyone- I am indeed contacting someone else about the logo (DH colelague who also happens to do this as a part time JOB, so should be professional about it).

Like PP said, if he then contacts me I'll just polictely explain that I couldn't keep waiting and didn't feel he had the time to help further, so decided to go elsewhere. As it is, I've constantly felt like I'm being a pain in the butt chasing him all the time, especially as he insisted on doing it free of charge despite me offering payment for his kind offer.

Oh well- shame it's held me up this long but enough is enough!

QTCakes1 Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 9

As you know time is money and as a friend, he may feel he doesn't have to treat your assigment as important/ Don't take it personal. just tell him you have deiced to hire someone else and thanks for his' time.

BlakesCakes Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 8:04pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmers

..... if he then contacts me I'll just polictely explain that I couldn't keep waiting and didn't feel he had the time to help further, so decided to go elsewhere.

Please, don't wait until he contacts you. What if he contacts you with a completed logo and you've already started up with someone else??

No need to burn a bridge here. Who knows what issue he has.

Just walk up to him at work, be cordial, and say, "Hi, XXX. I just wanted to let you know that I'm in a situation where I needed my finished logo--yesterday--and since we haven't been able to connect to tie up all the details, my DH had a friend work up what I needed so I wouldn't miss a golden opportunity. Thanks so much for all that you did."

JMHO
Rae

Lemmers Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 9:15am
post #8 of 9

Thanks again everyone- I think as PP said I will at least let him know what the situation is now so I don't come across childish ha ha!

icon_smile.gif

Nusi Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 10:49am
post #9 of 9

i think he is embarassed about not completing his job and thats why he is not replying and ignoring u.. be nice and just mention that u will get it done elsewhere, i have my sister inlaw offering to do my logo .. im not sure if i should let her do it or if this situation happend it might afect our relattionship..

well good luck to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%