Cake Displays

Decorating By gizette Updated 18 Sep 2011 , 11:44am by cakeandpartygirl

gizette Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 2:04am
post #1 of 4

hi just wondering what you girls do for cake displays at fairs n shows n things, I,m booked in to a few and was going to use one I had made 2 weeks ago now but have just had a look at it n it seems to have air pockets now n the fondant has gone funny I have kept cakes for a few days before n this has never happened? Do you,s use foam dummies under ur display cakes? As I was hoping to get a few fairs out of it before tossing. Thanks

3 replies
cakeandpartygirl Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 2:27am
post #2 of 4

Most definitely all of my display cakes are and would be dummies!!! That is strange that a cake dummy has gone bad.

gizette Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 6:11am
post #3 of 4

Thanks I'll have to make them all dummies from now, to clarify this was made on actual cake as it was carved and wasnt sure how easy it was to carve a foam dummie.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 11:44am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizette

Thanks I'll have to make them all dummies from now, to clarify this was made on actual cake as it was carved and wasnt sure how easy it was to carve a foam dummie.

Most definitely thumbs_up.gif . You can carve them from strofoam but its much easier if you purchase them. Just do a Google search with the keywords cake dummies. There are several companies out there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%