Notter School Of Pastry Arts

Baking By LoveConfections Updated 29 Sep 2011 , 12:44am by Arizonaone

LoveConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveConfections Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 7

Hey guys,

I'm really interested in this pastry school, and I'm looking forward to going in the near future. I would love to hear your experience at the school, those of you who have attended. And those of you who looked at the school what did you like about it and dislike about it?

TIA icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 7

I've never been there, but their reputation, to the best of my knowledge, is impeccable. I know several pastry/cake superstars, and I will always take their word as fact. I've never heard anything but praises from them about the Notter School.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

tbkimber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbkimber Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 7

I was lucky enough to attend a one-day seminar he give on chocolate showpieces. The man is amazing. He put the four foot showpiece together in two hours and he stared with nothing but melted chocolate and talked the whole time. I first heard of him from my chefs in school and they all recommended his school. Two of my chefs have competed in several Food Network Challenges and have won two of them. If chefs of that caliber are recommending him, I don't think you will be disappointed. From what they said you really need a good background in whatever class you are taking because it is not a school for beginners, it is continuing education. I want attend his school in the worst way but it is just too expensive for me right now.

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 7

I took his 3 day pulled and blown sugar class a few years ago and it was awesome. He is the most patient instructor I have ever had. I have a couple of photos posted of the fruit and the swan/rose pieces that I made.

I would take any and all classes I could from his school. You won't be sorry.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 7

I have a couple of Ewald Notter's videos and some of his books. If the pastry school is ANYTHING like the books and videos, then I would highly recommend it!!

Arizonaone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arizonaone Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 12:43am
post #6 of 7

Hi Loveconfections.

Wanted to let you know that I visited the school yesterday because I was interested in their 24 week baking and pastry arts diploma course. From the moment I walked through the door I was totally "in love" The facilities are wonderful - and BTW they are moving to a new location in Metro West in November which will house a student run bakery.

I had the opportunity to meet and speak with Chef Notter and spend a little time in his chocolate making class. I also had the opportunity to meet Chef Fred who answered all of my questions. The school is absolutely amazing - as were the desserts that I got to sample!!! In addition, I liked the small class size allowing the Chefs to provide personalized attention to each student.

A true class act, courses taught by the best of the best. Based upon their help and solution to a personal situation that could have prevented me from attending it is apparent that they truly care about the students.

My recommendation - definitely make an appointment to visit the school.

Only downside - traffic on OBT but that will soon be a non issue once they move.

Arizonaone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arizonaone Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 12:44am
post #7 of 7

Hi Loveconfections.

Wanted to let you know that I visited the school yesterday because I was interested in their 24 week baking and pastry arts diploma course. From the moment I walked through the door I was totally "in love" The facilities are wonderful - and BTW they are moving to a new location in Metro West in November which will house a student run bakery.

I had the opportunity to meet and speak with Chef Notter and spend a little time in his chocolate making class. I also had the opportunity to meet Chef Fred who answered all of my questions. The school is absolutely amazing - as were the desserts that I got to sample!!! In addition, I liked the small class size allowing the Chefs to provide personalized attention to each student.

A true class act, courses taught by the best of the best. Based upon their help and solution to a personal situation that could have prevented me from attending it is apparent that they truly care about the students.

My recommendation - definitely make an appointment to visit the school.

Only downside - traffic on OBT but that will soon be a non issue once they move.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%