Thank You To Everyone Here!

Business By KuyaRomeo Updated 17 Sep 2011 , 2:49pm by Kiddiekakes

KuyaRomeo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KuyaRomeo Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 2:55am
post #1 of 3

Been a fast but hard road for me. But I wanted to take a moment just to say thank you to everyone here for sharing some great information and taking the time to answer all of my questions . . . even the dumb ones icon_smile.gif

This is all so very new to me and it has been red tape after red tape, and hurtle after hurtle.

Started out trying to get the NY Home food processor exemption, but it was far too restrictive for what I need to do, and they said NO to my Rum cake, which is our claim to fame.

Never thought I would be opening a retail bakery . . but four a great opportunity to rent a kitchen in an existing candy shop, and putting a ton of my products in their retail front. This is very exciting, but has been very confusing as well . . . things I never expected keep popping up.

Cost of insurance, where to go for insurance, boxes, bags, stickers, cards . it has been overwhelming. Not to mention how to read through all of the verbiage of the Health Department requirements.

I would never have been able to get this far . . . without getting answers from this forum.

So, a big thank you to all here

P.S. We go live October 25 . .and I have so much to do. I am now in the process of pricing every product, trying to find a profit margin in comparison to the costs (including box, tags, ingredients, etc . . )

I have not slept in 237 days !!!

2 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 6:21am
post #2 of 3

Don't forget to keep us posted on your progress! It's a lot of fun watching a plan come together.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 3

Good for you....Sounds like it is going to be a wonderful ride!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%