Chocolate Caramel Candy Apple Cake

Baking By lmnissen Updated 17 Sep 2011 , 3:50am by tavyheather

lmnissen Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 12:10am
post #1 of 3

So I have been thinking of some fall themed "different" cake ideas. I really want to make a chocolate caramel candy apple cake. The frosting would be chocolate and the filling would be caramel. I have those recipes already, but I'm in search of an apple cake recipe that will stand up well to the other flavors. I tried a few recipes already and they're either too sweet, not apple-y enough or don't hold up well to stacking. Perhaps I can use LorAnn's Apple Flavor to one to help with the flavor. Does anyone have a recipe that they think might work?

2 replies
carmijok Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 12:22am
post #2 of 3

Don't have a recipe but I do know that the King Arthur Flour website sells boiled apple cider flavoring. It's supposed to add an intense apple flavor. But again...I haven't used it so I don't know.

tavyheather Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 3:50am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

Don't have a recipe but I do know that the King Arthur Flour website sells boiled apple cider flavoring. It's supposed to add an intense apple flavor. But again...I haven't used it so I don't know.

ohh that just gave me an idea...of making my own boiled cider (which I've done before, but why I don't remember)...and adding it..

come on recipes! I like your concoction! Sound like my kind of cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%