Filling For Chocolate Cake And Chocolate Buttercream

Baking By lmnissen Updated 18 Sep 2011 , 5:06am by sweettreat101

lmnissen Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 2

I'm looking for a filling to go with a chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream. It is for a wedding cake and will be 4 tiers and covered with fondant, so it will need to hold up well with that and not need to be refrigerated. Its for my friends wedding and they really don't care about flavors. I was leaning toward a peanut butter mousse, but thought against it because of allergies. I'm really at a loss. Any ideas??

1 reply
sweettreat101 Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 5:06am
post #2 of 2

When I want a really good filling that doesn't require refrigeration I use Frostin Pride non dairy frosting in place of the whipping cream. It can be left out for up to five days once it has been whipped. My favorite fillings for chocolate cake are vanilla mousse, banana cream mousse, chocolate fudge mousse or cheesecake mousse. Take two cups liquid Frostin Pride and one small box of instant pudding and whip until peaks form. I use banana cream, chocolate fudge and cheesecake flavored pudding. Coconut might be good too. The three tiered fondant drape cake in my photos is filled with this filling. You could do a different filling for each layer. I tend to use mousse fillings as I don't like gels. I have never had a blow out using a mousse. I did have a caketastrophe with a strawberry gel filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%