Need A Good Thick Vanilla Cake Filling...

Baking By Lovelyladylibra Updated 19 Sep 2011 , 4:47am by sweettreat101

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 5

...or a marshmallow creme filling anyone have any recipes? thank you. icon_smile.gif

4 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 5

I found this on line, Haven,t made this one , but something similiar. By the ingredients, it looks like it would be wonderful. hth

http://www.food.com/recipe/cream-custard-cake-filling-190976

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 5:09am
post #3 of 5

I make a mousse filling which is thick and holds up wonderfully for my cakes. If the cake will be served in a couple of hours I use whipping cream if I'm not sure how long the cake will be sitting out I use Frostin Pride non dairy frosting in place of the whipping cream. Two cups cream or Frostin Pride and one small box instant pudding flavor your choice. Whip until peaks form. Once whipped Frostin Pride can be left out for up to five days.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 1:48pm
post #4 of 5

thank you @sweettreat101 where do you think Id be able to find some pastry pride

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 4:47am
post #5 of 5

Not sure if you have a Smart and Final in your area. You can also use Bettercreme sold at cake supply stores. Don't get the whipped topping make sure you get the frosting. Frostin Pride also sells Pastry Pride which is actually a dessert topping you don't want that one. I found this info on another post so you might do some research and see if you have one in your area. Buffalo NY.....home of Rich Products. Rich Products has a cash and carry store. I would call around to your local cake supply stores and ask for Bettercreme made by Rich's or Frostin Pride. It's about 5.00 a carton so you would be able to make two batches of filling using two boxes of pudding.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%