Going Crazy!!! Corn On The Cob Silk

Decorating By Cookingkimber Updated 17 Sep 2011 , 2:43pm by DianeLM

Cookingkimber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookingkimber Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a cake that has corn on the cob on it and i remember seeing in an episode of Fabulous cakes on TLC a women was working on a farm cake and showed an great technique to achive the silk on the corn on cob ( the stringy stuff that normally gets everywhere) and i dont remember how how she did it and i have searched the internet for days and cant seem to find it.

ANy help would be amazing because I am completely losing my mind!!!!

5 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 6

Boy that's not ringing any bells here -- I hope someone else can find it because now you have me curious!! icon_biggrin.gif

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 6

Oh, Geez - I remember that episode, but I don't remember what she used, either icon_cry.gif . It was, I believe, Kristen of Wicked Goodies - the stacked tires that had veggies and plants in and around them, maybe???

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 6

You could try using a clay extruder, they have a tip that has a lot of tiny holes used to make a grass effect.....or in a pinch a garlic press.

Alana7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alana7 Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 1:06pm
post #5 of 6

I believe it could be spun sugar- they make very thin, shiny strands that look like the corn silk.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana7

I believe it could be spun sugar- they make very thin, shiny strands that look like the corn silk.

That's what I was thinking, too. Check out this pic of Sambuca flames. The sugar can be pulled very thin.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1862693

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%