Is It Possible To Spray Melted Fondant?

Decorating By jenny39191 Updated 17 Sep 2011 , 7:57pm by jenny39191

jenny39191 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenny39191 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 7

Just learning the ropes with melted fondant? I need to cover an area about six inches in circumference. Anyone have any suggestions about the best way to apply for an even coating? Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.

6 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 12:27am
post #2 of 7

Melted fondant? The few times I've melted fondant, it was the consistency of melted marshmallows - and I wasn't even using marshmallow fondant. It was very sticky and rubbery. I wouldn't dream of trying to cover anything with it. I used it to fill some cracks in my fondant.

Can you give more details?

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 12:46am
post #3 of 7

Are you trying to cover petitfours (sp)? That is a whole different type of fondant. That is poured fondant as opposed to rolled fondant. I would think that the cake would have to be chilled and you may need to use a couple of coats to get complete coverage. You don't want the poured fondant to be too runny (hot) , it needs to be pourable but not hot. I hope that helped

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 3:10am
post #4 of 7

I tried to paint on poured fondant once and it didn't work out well at all. Haven't tried to airbrush, but I imagine the results will be similar.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 5:35am
post #5 of 7

If you're talking about poured fondant, this might help:
http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-make-petit-fours/

jenny39191 Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 7:56pm
post #6 of 7

This is an awesome recipe for poured fondant - requires patience icon_biggrin.gif 2/3 cups warm water, add 2 tbsp vegetable oil (I prefer olive oil) and 2 tsp vanilla extract. Allow to sit for 5 minutes - on cold cooktop, put water solution in boiler, turn on low - as temp warms add very small amounts of confectioner's sugar and blend until smooth - repeat until 2 lbs confectioner sugar has been added - do not allow temp to get above 100 degrees. It is very, very smooth and tastes delicious. Separate into portions to color - use one drop at a time as color will be dark quickly. I'm working to develop into sprayable solution - not getting there icon_sad.gif I'm open for suggestions, please - Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. Jenny

jenny39191 Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 7:57pm
post #7 of 7

This is an awesome recipe for poured fondant - requires patience icon_biggrin.gif 2/3 cups warm water, add 2 tbsp vegetable oil (I prefer olive oil) and 2 tsp vanilla extract. Allow to sit for 5 minutes - on cold cooktop, put water solution in boiler, turn on low - as temp warms add very small amounts of confectioner's sugar and blend until smooth - repeat until 2 lbs confectioner sugar has been added - do not allow temp to get above 100 degrees. It is very, very smooth and tastes delicious. Separate into portions to color - use one drop at a time as color will be dark quickly. I'm working to develop into sprayable solution - not getting there icon_sad.gif I'm open for suggestions, please - Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. Jenny

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%