Interior Design Cake

Decorating By Stinelj Updated 20 Sep 2011 , 8:39am by Stinelj

Stinelj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stinelj Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 10

My first question here at Cake Central icon_smile.gif

I have gotten a request for a cake at work and the theme for the cake is interior design... I'm trying to google it and see if something comes up, but I get nothing......

Do you have any ideas for me besided modelling some chairs and table...

9 replies
gigiofknb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gigiofknb Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:39pm
post #2 of 10

When I think of interior design I think of furniture and drapes. Drapes on the cake may put an interior design spin on it. Good luck with that one. icon_smile.gif Would love to see it when you are done.

mysweetsugar75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysweetsugar75 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:57pm
post #3 of 10

How about stacking and carving a cake to resemble a sofa or chair, then a tufted leather looking ottoman in front of the sofa, drape a fondant throw over the sofa, maybe some fondant pillows.
place a fondant rug on board before placing furniture on top

ufo9978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ufo9978 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 10

you can do square tier cake stacked little on the angle and then do drapes and then quilting pattern with big button for a tufted look. Can also do geometrical designs for a contemporary look. HTH. love to see your finished work

melon_ball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melon_ball Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 10

How about paint color swatches or fabric samples?

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 2:09pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweetsugar75

How about stacking and carving a cake to resemble a sofa or chair, then a tufted leather looking ottoman in front of the sofa, drape a fondant throw over the sofa, maybe some fondant pillows.
place a fondant rug on board before placing furniture on top

and a lot of color cushions with many different modern patterns...

http://www.123rf.com/search.php?word=blue+pattern&start=240&t_word=blue%20pattern&t_lang=it&exclude=&cko=0&orderby=&exppl=0&imgtype=0&pplcnt=0&srchgender=0&srchage=0&searchopts=&itemsperpage=60 (my favourite site for patterns - just search 'circle blu pattern' or 'flower pattern' - anything you wish)

deuceofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deuceofcakes Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 3:45pm
post #7 of 10

Similar idea: a carved cake chaise (it is something you see in design magazines but infrequently in a real home) with a throw, and perhaps a book on it (they always accessorize just so, don't they?). Then next to the chaise (depending upon how many you have to feed) a "table" draped with a fondant tablecloth, perhaps with a gumpaste lamp or vase on it. The rug would be cool too, and if you're really going to town, a gumpaste plant on the floor.

Kareie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kareie Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 10

My initial thought was a paint can with a brush on the side. Good luck with the cake.

ValerieElizabeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValerieElizabeth Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 5:18pm
post #9 of 10

The first thing that popped into my head was a square cake with every side of the cake having a different, modern design.

Stinelj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stinelj Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 8:39am
post #10 of 10

Thank you so much for all your idead - I ran a few of them by the person who I'm baking for and a sofa hit a home run icon_smile.gif A purple one with 3 legs with lots of pillows on it..... I was told it was an internal joke with the 3 legged sofa......

I'll post the sofa in the galleri when I have made next week icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%