Baking Cupcakes Tomorrow But Don't Need Till

Baking By branbrielliott2 Updated 16 Sep 2011 , 12:26pm by Bluehue

branbrielliott2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
branbrielliott2 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 3:51am
post #1 of 4

Sat afternoon. I work 12 hour shift tomorrow so I am getting up early to take cake out of freezer an crumb coat atleast ( hope that is fine till I can ice all the way till I get home that night'anyway,I don't think I will have time to ice till late that nigt or first thing in the morning before the party. How should I store for that short of time? My cakes are always more moist after freezing. Should I just freeze them for the 14 hours I will be gone an ice at night an be done for sat or what? Thanks so much,just really trying to get both done on time the easiest way since I norm have more time to do day of.

3 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, you can freeze them for the 14 hours - just wrap them well so as no added moisture from the freezer gets in between the wrapping and the cupcakes,
If i freeze cakes i freeze whilst warm - but not cupcakes - as the papers can become soggy (depending on what type of wrappers you use) and then after thawing they can peel away from the edge of the cupcakes...

They won't take long to thaw out - just pop them on your bench for a while.....still wrapped until thawed.

Once you have iced them - they will stay fresh until Saturday... thumbs_up.gif

Hope this helps you...

Bluehue.

branbrielliott2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
branbrielliott2 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:21pm
post #3 of 4

should I just put in container or wrap each in saren wrap??

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:26pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by branbrielliott2

should I just put in container or wrap each in saren wrap??

I wrap mine - thatn ay i know no dded moisture will loosen the cupcake cases... icon_smile.gif

Blue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%