Transporting Fondant Ribbon

Decorating By orianaklump Updated 16 Sep 2011 , 1:08am by BizCoCos

orianaklump Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
orianaklump Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 7

I'm doing a wedding cake on sat and originally I was going to do a border of silver balls around each tier but I think fondant ribbon would be prettier. I'm assembling the cake at the reception hall. What would be the best way for me to transport the fondant ribbon so I can put it on the cake after the tiers are stacked?

6 replies
SwtCanuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwtCanuck Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 7

I assemble at the venue as well and when it has to have a fondant ribbon I will actually attach it to the cake right before I leave the shop. That way it will still be soft when I set up and may have to adjust it.

kristanashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristanashley Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 7

I just had the same issue this past weekend. I ended up cutting the ribbons to the proper length, lining a cookie sheet with saran wrap, placing the strips on there, and covering them with saran wrap. It did just fine. icon_smile.gif

SRumzis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SRumzis Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:35am
post #4 of 7

I always use parchment paper for my fondant ribbon, it helps it keep its shape, and I just peel it off after I press the ribbon on the cake. I suspect cutting parchment paper to line the backs of the ribbons, paired with the trick posted above me, would work great! You could also line the backs then wind the fondant ribbon around some cylinder shaped object too, in case the ribbons are too long to lay flat. Hth!

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:56am
post #5 of 7

I recentle made embossed fondant ribbon for a cake, I put some cornstarch on the ribbon that was covered with saran wrap, I then wrapped the ribbon around a paper towel holder and then wrapped everything again with saran wrap The ribbon never touches itself since there is saran at every turn. I put the wrapb under and over, keeps for hours and hours

BizCoCos Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:56am
post #6 of 7

I recentle made embossed fondant ribbon for a cake, I put some cornstarch on the ribbon that was covered with saran wrap, I then wrapped the ribbon around a paper towel holder and then wrapped everything again with saran wrap The ribbon never touches itself since there is saran at every turn. I put the wrapb under and over, keeps for hours and hours

BizCoCos Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 1:08am
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%