Despicable Me Minion Birthday Cake

Decorating By Lidawi007 Updated 15 Sep 2011 , 8:06pm by Lidawi007

Lidawi007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lidawi007 Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,

This is my first post, but I LOVE this site. It is a Godsend. Anywho, I am making my first cake that will be over 2 layers. It is to be a German chocolate cake baked in (3) 6" rounds and 1 half sports ball cake pan. I was wondering how to dowel it, and whether to put cake boards between each layer. There will be some coconut pecan filling somewhere (dammed inside stiff chocolate buttercream). It's for a birthday party--I really don't want to mess it up! Please help icon_smile.gif

2 replies
Scarlets-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scarlets-Cakes Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 3

I've made this cake. It's in my photos.

I made the first one with no cardboard, and gave it to the neighbors as a leaning tower of Pisa.

For the finished cake, I put two cakes together on one board, then the third cake and the ball on a second board. I put a hole through the center of the top one before I put the cakes on. Then after I stacked the entire thing, I ran a milkshake straw through all cakes & cardboard. It worked like a charm. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions! Good luck!

Lidawi007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lidawi007 Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 3

Oh wow, Scarlets-Cakes! Your cake is awesome! Thank you so much--I have no idea about supports as all the cakes I've made so far haven't needed it. I will definitely post a picture of the finished cake icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%