Not Seeing A Link But How Do You Stack A Cake An Not Mgrab I

Decorating By branbrielliott2 Updated 15 Sep 2011 , 2:04pm by CWR41

branbrielliott2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
branbrielliott2 Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 4

by grabbing it. I am making a small cake square on bottom round on top. Once dry, how do u pick it up with out messing it up. I am using bc just going to smooth out very well an add mmf decals. Thx

3 replies
shawnteel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shawnteel Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 4

Use a flat spatula to help you pick it up, put your hand under it and carry it to the cake you are stacking it on. Set you small cake on the big cake, once set down on one side (still propped up by your hand take your spatula and place under the cake to help you set it down the rest of the way and use your spatula to move the cake into place. Hope I wasnt to confusing. Good luck

Jody130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jody130 Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 4

Do you have your top cake on another cake board, other than the one it will sit on?? If so I normally use my spatula, and slide underneath it to loosen it up, and lift it up some, i then slip my hands under it and put it on top of cake, make sure you already have your supports in place, when putting it on I line up the cake in the center, then just slid hands out quickly, you can smooth or touch up if they touch, and normally your border will cover up also, you can use a cake lifter if you have one also.
I'm no pro, just hobbiest!! but it normally works for me. HTH.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 4

This link may help:
"Any tips for stacking? Finger/spatula in the way"...
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-710889-fingers.html+spatula

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%