Peach Sangria

Baking By bakerstreats Updated 16 Sep 2011 , 2:32pm by imagenthatnj

bakerstreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerstreats Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 4

I have a client that is having a girls night out and want peach sangria cupcakes for this weekend? Do anyone have a recipe?

3 replies
cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 4

Basically peach sangria is white wine, a little brandy, some juice...in this case peach, a simple syrup to sweeten to your taste and fresh sliced peaches.

So if asked to make a cupcake I would make my white cake into a peach cake by adding some peach nectar/juice in place of some of my liquid, and some fresh chopped peaches.

I would then make a "sangria" SMBC with some of the same elements used in the cupcake.

You could also add a bit of brandy to the cake batter, or a reduction of brandy and white wine...we were discussing reductions in another thread on here (the champagne thread by SCP)

HTH

bakerstreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerstreats Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much. I will give it a try!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 4

Peach Cream from Sky High is one of my favorite cakes. Maybe you can adapt some of the things to your peach sangria cake because the recipe contains a peach mousse that uses peach snapps and that you might be able to incorporate to your cake. There's also a peach syrup on it that you could use (reduction again).

http://pieceofcakeblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/whipped-cream.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%