Peach Sangria

Baking By bakerstreats Updated 16 Sep 2011 , 2:32pm by imagenthatnj

bakerstreats Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 4

I have a client that is having a girls night out and want peach sangria cupcakes for this weekend? Do anyone have a recipe?

3 replies
cakestyles Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 4

Basically peach sangria is white wine, a little brandy, some juice...in this case peach, a simple syrup to sweeten to your taste and fresh sliced peaches.

So if asked to make a cupcake I would make my white cake into a peach cake by adding some peach nectar/juice in place of some of my liquid, and some fresh chopped peaches.

I would then make a "sangria" SMBC with some of the same elements used in the cupcake.

You could also add a bit of brandy to the cake batter, or a reduction of brandy and white wine...we were discussing reductions in another thread on here (the champagne thread by SCP)

HTH

bakerstreats Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much. I will give it a try!

imagenthatnj Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 4

Peach Cream from Sky High is one of my favorite cakes. Maybe you can adapt some of the things to your peach sangria cake because the recipe contains a peach mousse that uses peach snapps and that you might be able to incorporate to your cake. There's also a peach syrup on it that you could use (reduction again).

http://pieceofcakeblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/whipped-cream.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%