Freezing Cupcakes

Baking By DebinD Updated 14 Sep 2011 , 8:43pm by DebinD

DebinD Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 7

Are there tips for making cupcakes ahead and freezing them (like a week ahead) and not having the liners be all sticky and hard to remove?

6 replies
malene541 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 7

I made 300 cupcakes for a wedding once. I made them about 4-5 days ahead of time. I let them cool completely put them in totes with plastic wrap around them before I put on the lids then froze them.
When I took them out I didn't take off the lids or anything and they sat out for about 2 hours. I them opened them up and some of them the wrappers had fallen off of partially and some were perfect. I did notice that the red velvet one's seemed the worse. Most of them the wrappers had fallen off of where as the white and chocolate cake didn't do it as bad.
??? I don't think this probably helps you but hopefully someone else will add some input.
I have another 300 cupcakes due next weekend so I'm hopeing for the best too!!

DebinD Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 7

Hmmm - were your wrappers paper or foil?

malene541 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 7

paper, Wilton brand regular white ones

DebinD Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 7

How did the wrappers peel back from the ones that looked perfect?

malene541 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:05pm
post #6 of 7

They came off fine! There wasn't any issue with taking them off at all. My issue was them falling off before they should. It wasn't really that big of deal though because they were all in cupcake wrappers so no one could really see them falling off. ??

DebinD Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:43pm
post #7 of 7

I was thinking of doing that -getting wrappers for impact. My problem is the cupcake sticking to the wrapper after freezing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%