Hot Wheels Flame

Decorating By Britterfly Updated 14 Sep 2011 , 4:59pm by DianeLM

Britterfly Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 2

I got an order for a Hot Wheels cake. She wants a big number 6 race track (with toy cars on top) & she wants his name in the hot wheels flame logo.

I googled the flame logo, but when I tried to print it out it either came out tiny or so huge that it didn't fit on the paper. I tried resizing it & it still doesn't come out right. I don't want to keep wasting ink trying to get it right. Does anyone have a template for the logo?

Also, how could I make the "6" race track? What would be easier... fondant or black BC for the track? And where can I find a big number 6 template? Or should I just hand draw it?

She wants an 11x15 sheet cake with all of this on it.

1 reply
DianeLM Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 2

What program are you using to print? I like to open my pictures in Word or Publisher so I can precisely resize them. Some of those photo editors are finicky when it comes to sizing.

I also like to print my first attempts on the "draft" setting, which uses the least amount of ink.

If you have MS Publisher, you can print out a "6" that's larger than letter or legal sized paper. Again, use the draft setting on your printer options until you get it exactly how you want it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%